Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wonderful Weekends

Perhaps we are just kids at heart but who doesn't love weekends? Yesterday we went to Lincoln. We ate at the Mexican restaurant that we found the other week and made it to Hobby Lobby. This picture is a professional picture I found when I was looking on Pinterest today...kind of ironic. It's of Lincoln at night.
It's much smaller than Omaha but still has plenty of things to do. This picture is from downtown and shows their theater and shops along with a few big business buildings.
Today we just stayed in Columbus. There's a park close to where Clint works that I've seen a couple of times. We decided to take Charley there and discover it for ourselves. It's a large park right by our river....I guess you would call it a river or stream or whatever the body of water is. It was frozen so if that tells you that even though I'm referring to today as being warm...it's still cold for this South Carolina girl.

OK, not to be completely cheesy but look at the water puddle we found.

 Clint couldn't help himself. It did look like fun but someone had to be the photographer.
 Me & my other love
 My Loves
 You learn something new everyday.....There was a memorial for Andrew Jackson Higgins. He was from Columbus, NE and he invented the Higgins boat for WW11.
We had a blast and walked along one of the paths which took us along the water and under a few bridges.
Last but not least, we needed to get some more nails. We have all but two pictures hung up in our home and those who know me best know that those two pictures just leaning against the wall reallly erks me. Clint being as fabulous as he is, stopped by our version of Lowes or Home Depot and picked up some on our way home. Little did I know that it was a fascinating store. I could of spent hours in there....don't be surprised if I blog next week that I spent my afternoon at Menards. First, I've pronounced it wrong since we moved here. I called it Mean-ers when really it is Ma-nards.

They have everything. It's kind of like a home improvement, grocery, pet, furniture store that just happens to have hair straighteners as well. I was excited....just sayin'.

It was a great day and now it's just time to prepare for another work week. Hope y'all (YES I can say y'all....even if no one else says it here.) had a fabulous weekend and ready for a great week!
-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment