Friday, January 13, 2012

And it's Friday!

This week has seemed to fly by. I'm getting adjusted to my new school and my new routine. I did figure out we can wear jeans every Friday. I found this out when I was the ONLY person in the entire school wearing dress pants last week...but I know now :) I enjoyed wearing jeans today. Funny how something so simple can make your day at work so much better.

I also miss southern manners....just a please, thank you, yes mam and no mam, gets it so far in life...just sayin'.

Another odd thing....we do not get out of school next week for Martin Luther King Day. Since I'm on the topic of odd things...Nebraska will not let me use my maiden name as my middle name. They said they have never heard of that before and I would have to get an attorney to do a name change if I would like it. However, I can have two last names....Stacy Lee Shillinglaw-Morrison. There's not enough bubbles on any form to fill that one out. Needless to say.....I'm having to drop my maiden name. Argh.

The snow has mostly melted but the cold weather is beyond cold. It was 4 degrees when I was driving to school this morning. Currently, it's a warm 25 degrees. This weekend is supposed to warm up (40s), which I'm looking forward to. I never thought I would say that I was looking forward to 40 degree weather. ha

While I'm getting adjusted to our new surroundings I miss the dear friends at "home". Today, I read my book that the best friends a girl could ask for made me before we left. It makes me realize that even 1,500 miles can't separate true friends. I'm really so very fortunate to have you all in my life and can't wait until May.

Along with my Pinterest obsession, I've also enjoyed reading blogs from others. My new favorite is:
It's about a lady who has been on Dr. Oz for her weight loss. She's lost over 120 lbs and her story is quite inspirational. She has awesome, realistic tips and advice.
I did just get an email saying the cover for my tablet will be mailed out by the end of next week. I'm getting it from a lady on Etsy and so excited about it! I had it under my favorites for a couple of months and finally bought it right after Christmas. Can't wait for it to get here. Ahhh www.etsy.com another one of my favorite websites. That is where I got the felt flowers for our wedding.
We don't have any big plans this weekend. I did find a few ideas on Pinterest that I really hope I get to this weekend. One down side, is living in a town where there is no Michaels, HomeGoods, Target, AC Moore....you get the point. We will see.....hopefully I will have some pictures up by next week of some "finished projects".
LOVE!
-Stacy

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! Jeans EVERY Friday... awesome! And let me tell you... the blog world can suck you in! I catching up on my 100+ blogs I didn't read from the end of the work week right now. I love it though :)

    ReplyDelete