Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Fun Day

Yesterday we went to Omaha. We picked yesterday because it's supposed to be snowing today and Clint wanted to watch football today. I was excited for a few reasons. One, I've been working on a little Pinterest project that I couldn't complete until we went to a bigger town than Columbus. It turned out pretty good, I'll post pictures soon. It's a gift to a good friend that I'm pretty sure she reads my blogs so I will wait until she gets it until I post pictures. Secondly, we have been talking about going ice skating for awhile. In Myrtle Beach I attempted to take Clint ice skating at Market Common last year. This was kind of a let down because it wasn't real ice. Instead it was the plastic blocks that were impossible to skate on. We found our ice skating rink.


I've only been ice skating once or twice before and this was Clint's first time but we had so much fun! Neither one of us fell and we had a great time.

We also ate sushi for lunch. Sushi has always been a favorite for Clint and I. We ate sushi for our first date and Hawaii sushi was beyond the best ever on our honeymoon.
It was a great place and we had a lot of fun. We then walked around the shops around the restaurant. They were similar to Market Common at the beach and even though it was SO cold, we had a great time. We then went to the movies and saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. The movie was good. It wasn't quite what we thought it would be like but it was ok.
That pretty much sums up our trip to Omaha yesterday. It was great to play tourist and spend the day with my amazing husband.
Last week, my fabulous parents sent a sweet surprise in the mail. I got it after school on Friday and it brought a smile to my face.

Clint and I both are addicted to fruit and the dried fruit taste delicious!

After checking our mailbox, when we got home last night we had two packages squeezed in there. One was a package from my grandmother. I am so fortunate to have two beyond amazing grandmothers that are such a big part of my life. After talking to my dad's mother last week about what's new with us, we talked a bit about me cooking more. I'm cooking more for a few reasons. One, it's not Myrtle Beach, there aren't so many restaurants and since we don't have the same social group here, we don't go out as much. Also, Clint and I both want to cook more at home. When we do expand our family we want to have home cooked meals and eat healthier. The package my grandmother sent me was a cookbook from her church with a sweet note inside. It made me smile.
Sorry this one is kind of long but we had a lot going on lately and I wanted to share. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment