Monday, January 9, 2012

Catching up on the weekend events

What a great past couple of days for us! This weekend was great! Saturday we stayed around the house. A wonderful lazy day. I had to test out one of my new favorite kitchen additions (Kitchen Aid Mixer) and make our favorite, red velvet cupcakes.
OK ignoring the unique one on the bottom left, they turned out great. The mixer is awesome to say the least.

On Sunday, Clint had to test out the mixer after I bragged a bit on it. He made pancakes.


They were delish and now he hearts the mixer as well.
We then decided to go to Omaha. There's so much to do in Omaha. We were both ready for a mini day trip and figured it was a great day for it.
There's really not a lot between here and Omaha.


On the other hand, there's a lot in Omaha. There's a few malls, outdoor shops, parks and a few Super Targets. What girl doesn't love Super Target? We spent the day there and got a few things at the mall and Target. We also found a new store Charming Charlie. It was very Stacyish....full of random big jewelry that was really cute.
Totally random but instead of hurricane evacuation route signs that we have at "home" (obviously no hurricane concerns in Nebraska) they have snow route signs......

Before moving to Nebraska, I figured they had corn, the road was flat and I might just need an US map to find the exact location. Welll it is flat and they do have a lot of corn and I don't need an US map anymore but to give you an idea this is what our GPS looked like the entire way home from Omaha. It's kinda hard to get lost.
When I got home from school today I had a package at my door. It didn't say who it was from so I was excited. Partly because it said my name and partly because, who doesn't like to get a package?

 I opened it up!
And.....it was the dried fruit snacks! If you have never tried them before, they are freeze-dried fruits. They have no preservatives or sugar and are perhaps the most delicious snack ever! They have them at WalMart at home but not here :*(. My FABULOUS mother & father ordered them from Costco for Clint and I. Ok so I kinda lied, they are for both of us but he was at work and my patience level isn't the highest when it comes to a package at the door.

One last thing, all of our wedding pictures are online. You can go to http://www.photoyoung.com/ and then proofing gallery. You enter your email and the password is stacyclint. I love how they captured how much fun the night was. Pictures are awesome. They help tell the story of how our lives go by so quickly. They capture the good, the bad, the funny, the sad and every emotion that life brings us through. Pictures also don't lie....so when my wedding cake is missing cupcakes because you so rudely took back to your room and couldn't wait until we cut the cake to get. I know, it shows character.....sad thing is, the video shows it wasn't a child.

Off to walk Charley on this "warm" 34 degree afternoon. It's supposed to snow Wednesday.....whoa.

Lots of Love,
Stacy & Clint

2 comments:

  1. Whats your favorite fruit snack? I am going to have to go find them :)

    I love that you called people out for stealing cake-good for you! Thats just not nice :) hope things are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I don't get annoyed easily but common sense people, wait til the pictures are all taken and we cut it before you steal a cupcake and leave without saying bye. Anyways, the banana and strawberry are my favorite followed by the strawberries alone then the apples. The pears, pineapple and peaches are good too....just not my favorites. Hope you are doing well! Miss you all so very much!

    ReplyDelete