Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What a Day!

Today marks the day that I'm not a South Carolina resident...officially. Well, I guess it happened before today but today I got my Nebraska drivers license. Clint already got his a few months ago. My trip to the DMV was quite the experience. After only having one proof of address and then going back home to get my second I finally got it all done. Well, kinda.....they give you a temporary paper license and I will get my new one in the mail within 20 days. The DMV is way different here. It's a very small office in a big building. They had one guy working and after all got all of my information they sent me to another office downstairs to pay and get my paper copy of my license. Much different than our huge DMV with 15 or more DMV workers with numbers displaying who's next. Ahhh what a new adventure this is.
I also did all of my paperwork for my new job that I start tomorrow. I will keep you all posted on how it goes. I talked to my new principal today on the phone and can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow. The lady at the district office today was so beyond sweet. She said she missed her daughter and knows that I missed my mom...she said to just call her up if I need some mom time. I'm enjoying this small town love.
I also changed my last name on cards and oh let's not forget....I found the post office all by myself. This might not sound like a big accomplishment...but it was.
OH and did I mention, we have the best grocery store ever. It's got everything....kinda like a Harris Teeter plus Lowes Foods combo called Hyvee. Tonight we had steak, baked potatoes and asparagus. It was fabulous. Watch out, I'm getting domesticated!
Then the most exciting thing.....most of our wedding photos are up. I'm so excited! I have my favorites but waiting for the ones of the reception to start picking out favorites.
Off to get ready for school tomorrow....ahh that sounds so good. I'm so glad to get back into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment