Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A bit of this and a bit of that

So.....my first day of school was great. I'm so thankful to be back into the swing of things. My school is much smaller than my last. We have grades K-5 and 2 teachers per grade level. Much different, my dear NMBP friends! I'm bouncing between rooms kindergarten through 3rd grade and mostly focusing on literacy. While somethings are similar....SMART boards and DIBELS....other things are way different.There's a coat rack at the office that everyone just hangs their coat at.....a cabinet that everyone just sits their purses in.....complete honor system.. There's a refrigerator that if you want a soda you just get one and put 50 cent in a box....same with snacks. There's one hallway that has all the grade levels on it starting with oldest to youngest.  It's so great to see different schools and get a better understanding of how kids learn in different environments. Everyone has been so welcoming and I can't help but to instantly feel that at home feeling at this school. So far it was a wonderful first day. The kids are great and you can really tell the teachers are all doing what they love.

I've had a few picture requests from dear friends that said they might not make the Nebraska road trip anytime soon, ha.

Our Home


 OK.....so I always wanted one so we used some of our Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards and this is by far the best thing ever! I LOVE the green tea and chi latte. Even Clint, who is not a coffee drinker at all, loves the green tea and hot cocoa.
 Charley has found his spot back on the couch. He seems to still think he's a cat and picks the top of the couch but he's making himself at home.

The weather has been wonderful! All the people at work told me not to get used to it because this is so not typical of Nebraska in the month of January. It was in the 50's today! I'm sure we will get the cold weather before we know it but are loving the nice weather while it lasts. 

Tonight we tried Pizza Ranch. I've been kidding Clint since we moved when he will take me there. It's something about the name that cracks me up.....Anywho, it was really good. They have a salad bar and pizza. Then they have corn (ok, I'm hearing the jokes already....yes, they have corn on the pizza buffet line in Nebraska). They also have other vegetables, in my defense.

Hope all my teacher friends had a fabulous first day with kids back! Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have a good first impression of your new school :) I'm excited to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete