Wednesday, January 11, 2012

snow day- noun. A day you drive to work in Nebraska

It snowed...I mean, it is snowing. It started around 10 this morning and is coming down. There were kids outside at recess as I was leaving school. I mean, it's snowing....the rule here is outside recess unless the temperature is in single digits. AHHH this girl is not in South Carolina anymore. I did drive home in the snow....first time I've driven in the snow....ever. This is going to be quite the experience.

I've been addicted to Pinterest lately. If you haven't gone on there...you are so missing out! http://www.pinterest.com/  I've "pinned" so many fabulous ideas and hopefully will start trying out a few soon. I did make a recipe last night....Chicken Pesto Pasta. Clint did ask if I got it from that pinteresting site.....Kelly, I thought of you!

 It was delish if I say so myself. Clint enjoyed it as well and will be something we will try again. My cooking skills aren't quite "Aunt Joanne" but they are improving :) 

All who know me, know that I do love sweet tea. It's a southern thing and well something I miss from South Carolina. Nebraska doesn't have it anywhere. Even their unsweet tea doesn't taste like South Carolina unsweet. While at the grocery store yesterday I found........
 While it's not exactly Mcallisters....it was good and something to have here and there. You just brew it in a cup with ice in it. Then you have sweet tea!

Charley is in shock with the cold weather. It's far more windy than I imagined it would be. The wind is really blowing Charley around when he goes outside to go to the bathroom. One thing is for sure....he finds his spot quick fast in a hurry and the races back inside.

I should get my Nebraska licenses plate soon. It takes a few weeks to get through the "application" process. I'm sure it will be easy to spot the South Carolina driver in this snow....the girl with like 15 layers on, shivering, driving 15 miles below the speed limit. Clint says I'm driving to get dinner tonight.....I say, cereal sounds fabulous!

Until Next Time,
Stacy

1 comment: