Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trivia Night

When living in Myrtle Beach, Clint and I went to trivia on Thursday nights at Gordon Bierch, most weeks. It was fun and we while we weren't the best, it tested out our useless knowledge. Not to mention the sound of a goat cheese & hummus salad with grilled chicken is enough for me to want to get in the car and drive to our closest one...only 5 hours away. Where we live now, is much different. Our town is smaller. We have two "good" restaurants and Wal Mart is where everyone is talking about when they say they are going shopping. Many good things have came from our transition from a large town to a small town. I would now consider myself....a decent cook. We eat out less which gives us more time to cook together and have healthier options. I don't just stop by Target to pick up a few things and get to the register with $100 worth and we appreciate our trips to Omaha or Lincoln to go to a mall. So back to the story....we saw that Appleby's has trivia on Tuesday nights. We decided to try it out last night. It's much different than what we are used to but we had a great time.

A lady just comes around and gives you a butterfly stamp if you get the question right. We got 8 out of 10 right but didn't win. It was still a fun time and always interesting to see how things are different in different places.

Also, I got an email this morning telling me my Hart to Heart video from the wedding is done. My mom went by there today to pick it up but my copy is being mailed. It takes awhile for anything to get all the way here so I'm expecting it Saturday or Monday at the earliest. I have a feeling I will be trying to talk my mom into pointing the skype webcam toward the tv as they are watching it. I'm just way too impatient. Hopefully I will figure out a way to post it to my blog. We will see if I get that technology savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment