Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Break....Nebraska Style

OK....lame title, I know. Today officially starts my Spring Break from school. We get Thursday, Friday and all next week off. The Thursday and Friday are because we did not use any snow days this year. This winter has been very mild for Nebraska and I can honestly say I am beyond thankful for that. It's made the transition much easier for me. Clint on the other hand, would take snow everyday. It's pretty but then after a day of being stuck inside, I'm over it.
About a month ago I started looking for plane tickets for spring break. I found a round trip (not to Myrtle Beach but right outside of it) for a reasonable price. Tickets from Omaha to Myrtle are way more and after talking to my parents, it just made more sense to fly in through another airport for this trip. I will be flying out Saturday and I'm so excited. It's a bit bittersweet because I wish Clint was going with me. It's weird to think I will be eating at his favorite restaurant without him. I guess not weird enough to not go...hummmm. I'm way excited and hope I can squeeze as much in that small amount of time as possible. I can't wait to see my mom, dad and fabulous friends......AND.....Emily Grace :)
One of my best friends just had a baby this morning, Emily Grace. She's beyond adorable and has a head full of hair, which is perfect for the bows....perhaps those huge bows that take up half her head but just take cute to the fullest extreme. God help us if Clint and I have a girl one day. :)
In other news, the weather is WONDERFUL! OK, so maybe not Myrtle Beach wonderful but still wonderful. We are in the mid 50's and the wind isn't that bad. I can't wait for Myrtle Beach weather in a few days!
Today I've just been hanging around the house. Charley and I took a walk and now he's exhausted. I'm washing clothes and will start packing tomorrow. I'm also making Clint a cherry tart (his new favorite thing in the entire world) before I leave. I figured I would save those two things to do tomorrow.
Hope everyone is doing great and Happy Birthday Emily Grace :)

1 comment: