Friday, February 3, 2012

Spoke Too Soon....

For those who have been watching the news....or weather at least, you may have heard that Nebraska is about to get the winter blizzard this weekend. I bragged  mentioned in my last blog that we were having a mild winter...clearly I spoke too soon. I went to the grocery store this afternoon in a search for a random ingredient for my latest recipe creation and was overwhelmed by the "herd" of people at the store. The shelves were getting near empty and were out of what I was looking for. I then had a fabulous ridiculous idea to go to WalMart to get what I needed. After stopping by our only Starbucks in a 50 mile radius (which happens to be inside the grocery store) to pick up my beloved chi tea...I got brave enough to tackle WalMart.
Needless to say it was packed but I found what I needed and left in under 20 minutes...which wasn't too bad.
Everyone was clearly preparing themselves for the possibility of being snowed in for days. I will post pictures once the snow starts to accumulate.
In other random news.....I just noticed today that I have a bunch of corn husks in my backyard....be jealous South Carolina.


Schools were out early today. To be completely honest, I don't know the reasoning but I'm not one to complain. We are also out next Thursday and Friday. I checked to see if there were any ridiculously cheap flights to Myrtle...but no such luck : ( Kayak.com and I are not friends today.
We will most likely just stay in this weekend, especially if the weather turns out to be anything close to what they are expecting. Hope everyone has a great Super Bowl weekend and I will post snow pictures soon enough.
LOVE!
-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment