Monday, February 13, 2012

Cherry Tarts and a Fun Weekend!

We had yet another great weekend. I had Thursday and Friday off school which would of been fabulous however I caught a lovely 24 hour stomach bug and didn't feel so great those two days. I did have a very wonderful surprise Friday morning. My aunt Joanne sent me a package in the mail.


It was everything to make her famous cherry tart. To give you a bit of a background on the cherry tart...it's basically the best dessert in the entire world. My aunt promised me she would make it for my wedding about 10 years ago, long before I met Clint and really before it would of been legal to date him..ha, (he's three years younger than I am). She didn't forget and had one waiting for us after the reception in our room with a bottle of champagne. I can't wait to make it and was beyond excited to get the package in the mail. Clint was way excited as well.
When I woke up Saturday I felt great and was ready to get out of the house. We went to Omaha and enjoyed a day out. We went to the movies and saw Contraband. It was a bit more of a boyish movie but I enjoyed it too. We ended our day out with dinner at PF Changs. It's weird, times like that make me feel like I'm back at the beach....then I walk outside and it's 5 degrees. It was a great day and had a wonderful time.
It snowed again last night. I will say today was the first day I drove to work and the roads were not cleared. The weird thing about driving in the ice and snow is when you back over ice or a big thing of snow the sound always sounds like you are hitting something. I instantly feel my stomach drop and then realize that there's nothing there I could of possibly hit and get over it. They are starting to clear the roads now so tomorrow should be an easier trip to school than today.
Last but not least, I decided the other day that I would just dye my hair brown again and then wait until I was at the beach to get highlights back in. I feel like I'm cheating on my hair dresser...we have a tight bond, ha. Well, my idea totally backfired and now my hair is way darker than I intended but I figure it's not really a big deal, not like its green or anything and I got over it. When I was at work today a child asked me why I painted my hair red when it was yellow before.....super.
I guess that sums up our weekend and Monday. I'm thankful to be feeling better and excited about another great week. Miss you all!
-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment