Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snow...

There hasn't been much new with us since the last post. It snowed a bit last night but things are starting to melt. Now we just have the dreaded ice to deal with. The roads have been cleared quickly and to my surprise, fairly ice-free. I have yet to fall on the ice but I've had far too many close calls.
A picture of my school sign as I arrived to school on Monday.

Most of our neighborhood roads were cleared by Saturday night/Sunday morning. The ice on the road really wasn't that bad until Tuesday. Ahhhh this is quite the experience!

In other news, I'm working on getting my teaching certification switched to Nebraska. There's a class that I have to take or show proof that I've taken one similar in college. After looking at all the requirements, I realized that I did take one very similar. Those who know me best, know that I have cutter-phobia....just the thought of the show Hoarders makes me itch (at the same time it's like a train wreck you can't not look at). This being said, my syllabus from that class is long, long gone and clearly didn't make it to the move to Nebraska. I've been in touch with some old college professors and keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. Not only will this speed up the whole process of getting my certificate switched to Nebraska, it will also save $400 plus on the whole process of taking a class at a college close by.

Charley was thrilled to know that his hair cutting clippers arrived on Monday. Clint and I have cut his hair ourselves for over a year now. His hair cuts started costing more than mine and we decided that we could do it. He's a great dog and stands still the entire time. Considering it's freezing, he didn't need a summer cut like we tend to give him while he's in South Carolina but we trimmed his hair last night.

Maybe I'm a little basis but he's so cute and such a great dog. We got him about three years ago from the humane society in Conway. He's such a trooper in the snow and makes the best pre-child we could ever ask for.

I'm out of school Thursday and Friday and don't really have any plans. I'm sure it will consist of laundry and cleaning and perhaps some pinterest inspired crafts. I will keep you all updated!
LOVE!
-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment