Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Charley

This is a short week at school. We are off this Friday and next week we are off Monday for an extended Easter weekend.
When I got home yesterday I cleaned up and then took a shower. While I was in the shower, Charley somehow managed to eat some Easter candy.....Hershey Kisses to be exact. I instantly freaked out and texted Clint. Luckily he had his phone nearby and called his mom. I then did my research online to find out that if he eats .8 of his body weight in milk chocolate it is then life threatening. Then of course, just like WebMD for humans, PetMD (yes, there's a such thing) tells you the absolute worst case scenario. I then freak out some more. After talking to my mother-in-law....which is a life saver and I know I've mentioned it before but she's awesome.....Anywho she said that we needed to get him to throw up. OK, I know you really didn't read my blog to hear about my dog's bodily functions but here it is. If you give them hydrogen peroxide, it makes them throw up. I knew Charley didn't eat the .8% of chocolate for his body weight but I also knew I would feel better if he did throw it up. Anywho, I guess I'm the odd one who's dog didn't throw up after a tsp of hydrogen peroxide. He seemed to be fine and his normal self for the rest of the night and today. He most certainly scared the crap out of me....and then I was cleaning up last night to find Hershey Kisses under his dog bed....HOARDER!
The sad part is, that's most likely the most eventful thing that's happened since my last blog. The weather is great. These past few days have been in the 70's and 80's. Today is in the 50's but I'll take it. We've gotten so lucky with the weather this year! Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment